Infertility can be one of the most difficult and stressful challenges facing anyone trying to conceive a child. Julie Tavoso is deeply committed to providing legal assistance to intended parents with both empathy and discretion. As you consider the various alternatives available to you through the use of assisted reproductive technologies, the firm provides counseling and assistance to ensure that you fully understand your legal rights and obligations, as well as the options available for creating a family.
Compassionate Legal Care
Whether you are a potential intended parent considering the use of donor eggs, the services of a gestational surrogate or some other type of collaborative arrangement, you will be guided through the legal process with the utmost care and compassion. Our goal is to ensure that each intended parent is knowledgeable with respect to their rights and responsibilities.
At the Law Offices of Julie M. Tavoso, we provide the following services to intended parents:
- Advising each intended parent as to his/her rights and responsibilities under their selected arrangement (egg donor, gestational surrogate or other collaborative arrangement)
- Prepare and/or review and negotiate the agreement between the intended parents
and the matching agency (if applicable)
- Draft, negotiate and/or review the agreement between the intended parents and
their donor or gestational surrogate
- Draft and review parentage agreements or consent forms in advance of fertility treatments
- Prepare and file certification forms in a gestational surrogacy arrangement prior to the birth of a child
There are many issues to consider when participating in any collaborative reproduction arrangement, such as parentage, medical and insurance costs, embryo disposition and liability.
Click the following link to learn more about the availability of insurance options for
infertility treatments in Illinois: