Julie Tavoso has represented many intended parents, gestational surrogates, egg donors, sperm providers and individuals pursuing arrangements utilizing assisted reproduction techniques, working closely with other professionals involved in collaborative reproduction arrangements, and assisting those in reaching their goals of building a family or helping to facilitate various arrangements.
- Graduate of Colorado College – B.A. – Economics
- Graduate of DePaul College of Law – J.D.
- Graduate of DePaul Kellstadt Graduate School of Business – M.B.A.
- Graduate of DePaul College of Law – Masters of Law (LL.M.) – Taxation
- Admitted to Illinois Bar in 1998
- Admitted to Colorado Bar in 2010
- Admitted to U.S. Federal District Court, 7th Circuit in 1998
Julie is a fellow of the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys (AAARTA) and is a member of the Board of Directors of Path2Parenthood (formerly the American Fertility Association) and as Board Secretary, serves on the executive committee of Path2Parenthood. Julie formerly served as the Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) Committee, and is also a member of the Illinois State Bar Association Family Law section, the Colorado Bar Association, is a professional member of the Legal Professionals Group within the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), and a professional member of RESOLVE, the ACLU and the Human Rights Campaign.